Saturday, 30 March 2013

Morphine Memories 1 (6)

The Heroes del Silencio were playing that night in Ferrol. I have never really enjoyed Spanish pop music, it just doesnt do it for me. I had also never heard of the these guys until that night. It was their first and last concert ever in Ferrol and they were awesome.

Bunbury the lead singer blasted out a message I did not understand at the time but 20 years later seem now almost prophetic.


The 31st July 1993 was the night I started to become "Caught between two lands" and as the lyrics clearly state, It was not their fault they had to watch me fall.

A random set of completely unlinked circumstances linked up that night and my carefully planned future was forever changed, as of course, there she was in the crowd staring straight at me.



No comments:

Post a Comment