Friday, 20 September 2013

The Beginning , last paragraph.

I was lying face down in my own blood, coughing and spluttering to breathe, it was hard to see what was going on but I could see enough, I wanted to understand, it all happened so fast.

I became afraid when I realised his head was cut in half and as I watched helplessly from the floor I saw someone screaming in anguish as he tried to hold the two pieces back in place, but the blood and brains in slow motion, slowly seeped through his fingers onto the floor in front of me.

To this day I feel ashamed of my reaction in that moment. I cried out, leave him he´s dead, get me out of here, I´m alive.

I was evacuated first, Lt Le Roux got me out of there.

I never ever saw any of those people ever again.

I would never be the same person again.


No comments:

Post a Comment