Wednesday, 2 October 2013

The Change (3)

Things moved fast the moment they cut my boots off.

First they slowly cut off my bloody uniform, then last my boots and socks. The doctor in the emergency ward had read the first initial report and had seen the injuries. Obviously I never got to see myself but apparently my lower back was black, bloated and swollen. I heard someone comment “Jesus it looks like he´s pregnant”

The doctor was talking to me all the time, I tried desperately to get my act together, at last I was in hospital, drugs were just a few moments away. He was pulling and moving my feet asking questions, it was hard to concentrate, the pain had won.

He stuck a long needle into my left foot, I felt it, it hurt, more pain added to the constant pain, and I cried out.

Things moved fast after that.


No comments:

Post a Comment