Wednesday, 11 December 2013

Surf, Sex, Violence 85 - 86 (12)

Ok so now where were we ?

Oh yes Toga party. Its kind of weird but also fitting to be talking about a wild out of control party while the country is mourning, but that basically was how it was back then in 85.

While the country was basically going up in flames, we just carried on like nothing was even going on, surfing, partying just getting on with things.

The actual day of my birthday was during the week, Leroy and I slept down at the beach on the pipe at Garvies and went for a before dawn surf, it was glassy and fun, summer was on the way. At about 6,30 am I saw my family standing on the pipe and waving me in. They had prepared a champagne breakfast for me, which was a huge surprise. We scoffed down the food, skulled the champagne and went back surfing.

Life was looking good.

Things went downhill pretty fast from that moment on.


No comments:

Post a Comment