Monday, 12 May 2014

Morphine Memories One part II (4)

It should have been easy really, just get in the car and drive off into the sunset. I mean its not as if I had´nt done this before.

If you really liked her you got her number and promised to call her next year. This time there would be no next year, it was over for good. The best four years of my life.

In two months time I would be home, the tour would be over, a top 5 finish on the rankings and walking down the aisle. It was all planned and plotted out perfectly. I had lived out my dream it had been better than I could ever have expected, real life awaited me. The life everyone expected of me, the life you have to have.

So that’s exactly what I did, got her number, said I would see her next year and drove off into the sunset. Its not like she could call me, there were no cell phones. I would have her home land line number and that was it. No stalking on Facebook, no Whatsapp messages, once you were out of sight you were gone.

Portugal was next. The long drive down to Portugal and the next event, I was having a good year I needed to focus on the job at hand but the moment I drove up the hill out of Pantin and thought of Portugal I smiled, fuck how much fun did we have in Portugal.


No comments:

Post a Comment